Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year New Blog!

So it has been 6 months since my last posting and my life has changed drastically since then! I am going to use an idea from a fellow Blogger friend and post and 11 in 11 blog to update you on my life/goals in the new year!

1. For starters, I really am going to try to make a better attempt at blogging more. I enjoyed it when I did it but life got busy and I kind of forgot about it. But I am back for a while now!

2. Since last posting my husband returned home safely from Afghanistan (YAY!) He got back on October 1st at about 330am. Life has been a lot calmer now and I am really excited looking into the new year.

3. I am now a resident of North Carolina. September 1st I moved down here. We are living on the beach and I couldnt ask for a more beautiful place to live. Moving down here alone was stressful but looking back I am so proud of myself. I got everything down here, found a place, moved in and got completely settled and set up a life for the 2 of us on my own. I think that experience made me a much stronger person. A lot of times things can seem so overwhelming but as long as you take it one step at a time it can be accomplished.

4. Justin is officially getting out of the Marine Corps in June. Looking back the last 4 years have really flown by even though a lot of the days dragged like years. It is bitter sweet that he is getting out and I know there will be a lot of things Im going to miss but, I am so ready to have my whole family together again. These last few years Ive always been missing someone no matter where I am.

5. Justin also recently applied for College and for his GI Bill benefits. He is going back to school for Criminal Justice and his uncle already set him up for a job right out of the military working as a correctional officer while he goes to school.

6. I have been having such a hard time down here in NC finding a job in my field. Ive worked at 2 different places since being here but nothing is panning out. I went to school for Accounting and Finance and there just arent any big businesses down here. But I went on an interview friday for a job actually in my field and I should be hearing from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

7. Since homecoming, Justin and I have both gained weight. We are working on our food shopping list and exercise routines. We also got Xbox Kinnect last month and the game Dance Centeral is such a fun workout!

8. Another goal for the year is to catch up on my reading I have 3 magazines and 3 books that are just stacking up waiting to be read.

9. A big thing right now is me looking at jobs back home and places to live since I am moving home April 30th! It is coming up so quick!

10.Ive been trying to get into couponing. Especially after seeing the Extreme Couponing show on TLC. I just tonight bought 100 coupons off ebay for $1.50. Who knew you could buy coupons on ebay?

11. I want this to be a wonderful year all about change. Im excited for the challenges facing us and transitioning back into our civilian life!!

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I'm just now going through my favorite blogs and catching up? What a crazy year it's been! So happy to see you back in blog-land and hope you update soon so we can keep in touch still! I'm trying to get into coupons too. I even bought an awesome little coupon organizer, but it's still packed in a box somewhere and I have to find it. That's a good resolution!

    ReplyDelete

Followers