Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Okay so the title of this post is spring cleaning. I mean that physically and mentally. Its 230am right now and today is my last day of school. I am going to have so much more free time on my hands and I want to schedule meaningful things into my time. For starters, I want to throw tons of stuff that I own away. I have so much clutter that is unneccessary, most of it from school. So I know that getting rid of it all will feel like a weight off my shoulders. Next, I really need to get into this healthy lifestyle thing. Theres so much I want to accomplish with my health and I think I am finally grown up to realize that its not just about losing weight and looking good, I really just want to feel good. Tonight I filled my zune with lots of podcasts. Things that inspire me. Some are stress relieving tips, exercise tips and others. One podcast I always subscribe to is from Quickanddirtytips.com Its a website that has really quick cute little bits of information for all types of things, public speaking, health, modern manners guy and the one I listen to The Nutrition Diva. This is a women who gives advice on tons of food related issues. What to eat, myths, benefits of certain foods, it is really great. If anyone has an ipod or zune I suggest downloading them but you can listen to them right off the website. Aside from that I want to set a gym schedule and I need to keep up with it. There are a lot of classes at the gym I am interested in taking, I need to find a workout buddy. Also after reading Danis post she inspired me to try yoga. I have always wanted to do it but never have so this is my chance. I want to also become a better runner. Before Justin left, he bought me new running shoes. He went for a run with me down on Onslow Beach and I couldnt even run 1/2 mile. Now I am running over 1.5 miles. I would love to run a 5k with him when he comes back. Something for a good cause close to us that would make us feel good. Overall I just really want to use this deployment time to feel rejuvinated. Get back on a regular sleep schedule, eat healthy and work out. I have lots of books I have bought but havent had the chance to read. I also want to pick one day off a month and do something for me, maybe get a pedicure/manicure/massage or something. I have felt so stressed and run down lately, I need to work on me. And I think that If I work on me, work on being happy and healthy, I will lose these pounds I want to lose and without the work. It will just happen on its own. Overall I just want to feel like me again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a good plan! That inspires me to try to stay on the right track... This week I've been pretty hard on myself, but I can definitely have room to grow! Good post, Kristine!

    ReplyDelete

Followers