Thursday, April 29, 2010

An afternoon post for once

So right now I am updating to you at 4pm. That is a big change from the 4am I am normally typing. But tonight I am going to try to fall asleep much earlier. I have a lot I want to get done tomorrow morning before I head to work. Other than that today is my last day in college. I finish all my finals. I am heading back to school soon for my 6pm final and thats going to be it. It is a really weird bittersweet feeling. I am really excited to be done but I wish Justin could be here. Today I had to say bye to my favorite professor. I have taken him 3 times and he is the best. His name is Professor Auslander. He is about 85 years old. He was a corpsman in WWII and has been so good to me. In february I missed the entire month of school so I could be with Justin before he left. He let me make up everything, and told me to take as much time making it up as I needed. Ive sat in his office and talked to him about Justin and just a few weeks ago, he bought a new marines hat and was so excited to show it to me. I have really grown attatched to him. Its like he is someone that knows what I am going through and he actually cares. Through all of school and work a lot of times people just dont get it. They arent flexible and its frustrating. He has always been so awesome. So on the bottom of my final I left him a note that said "Professor Auslander, Thank you so much for everything! You are hands down the best professor at the school and I learned so much in all of your classes. I will miss you but Ill be back to visit. Semper Fi" I know it will make him smile. He really is the best professor though. He hates text books and teachers who have never worked in the field they teach. He is a finance professor and teaches everything from memory and from actually working in the job. He has had many jobs including working on the new york stock exchange and Merrill Lynch. I am always impressed by how sharp he is still is for an 85 year old.
Aside from that, I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I am going to do with my upcoming free time. As mentioned before, I want to start taking different classes at the gym and find something I really enjoy. I want to catch up on books Ive bought but havent gotten the chance to read, clean organize and throw out everything. Also now that I have more free time I can finally furniture shop guilt free. I normally am procrastinating doing homework but now I can whenever I want. I need to start making definite decisions though and work on a budget, Another thing I want to do is spend more time with my best friend. We have had complete opposite schedules the past semester so we are spending saturday together. Other than that not much else is going on. What are everyone elses goals for the next few months?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome professor!!

    Your goals sound a little more exciting than mine. I was planning on chilling, taking trips, and what not, but since I may be moving to NC in the fall, I'm gonna work.

    I'm looking forward to not entertaining children for multiple hours everyday though! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made a goal to learn how to surf this summer. Since I will be living by the beach for the next year it's time to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Followers